Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy to be, and look, Pentecostal

Matthew 24:12-13 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure until the end, the same shall be saved.

Is it just me, or does it seem that there are a great number of people losing out with God these days? I'm not talking about only in my home town, but all over the nation. Some are just giving up completely, but others have lost the standards and convictions of old, that has kept us "separate" from the world. They say they have not changed in the doctrine, but they feel that the standards were "man made" and not necessary.

2 Cor, 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world...

Matt 7 22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It takes more than just the doctrine. We need to maintain the standards of old. We have to "come out from among them, and be separate".

I was taking care of a patient the other day, and her husband asked me if I knew who Saint Agnes was. (He asked me this because that is the name of the hospital where I work.) The patient said, "honey, she's not Catholic. Can't you tell she's Pentecostal "? I was so glad that she could tell I was Pentecostal!! I am happy to be counted among the Pentecostals!! I think that the rest of the world should be able to tell just by looking at us, that we are not "of this world".

(Note: By the way, I knew that St. Agnes was the Patron Saint of Healing. I think I learned that last year while visiting the Vatican in Rome. )

Of course, not all are going astray. There is also a mighty revival in the land, and many, many souls are being saved. I'm talking about the people who have lived this life and message for many years. Even the Bible speaks of a great falling away.

2 Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first...

Mat. 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved; but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

This subject has been on my heart lately. I am burdened for the people that are losing out when they have been true to God for so long. Be not weary in well doing, folks. I am reminded of that old song we used to sing.

It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus. Life's trials will seem so small, when we see Christ!! One glimpse of His dear face, all sorrow will erase. So, bravely run this race, 'til we see Christ!

I am looking forward to that day!!

9 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, I am with you on this! I love being separated from this world. I do not want to have any part of it! It WILL be worth it ALL! I really love this gospel and the doctrine of separation. I know you'll keep serving God through it all. Somehow the "talk of compromise" just makes the ones stronger, who really have the love for truth in their heart! I've heard so much about how "it's not necessary anymore" until it makes me love the way I live MORE than before. There's still a WHOLE LOT of people and young preacher's and their wives who are preaching it and living it the "old time way". I'm going to be ready!

Anonymous said...

Gayla, I stumbled onto your blog a few days back, and have enjoyed reading it.
I too am glad to be counted in with the true Pentecostals. I am so thankful to attend a church that still teaches and preaches it like they did back when I was a child! There are too many Demas's these days, leaving us for the love of this world. I look around me at a world that is literally falling apart and ask this question: What is there to love??...
Caroline R.

Gayla said...

Linda, you're right. It does make me love it all the more. I hope I didn't sound like I thought no body was living it anymore, because that is not what I meant. I know there are a WHOLE LOT of people and young preacher's who still believe in the "old paths". I am sooo thankful for them. And I am thankful for the out-pouring of revival going on, too. It WIll be worth it ALL!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Gayla, you've said it all so well that it is hard to add comment (although Linda's comment added even more to the feelings stirring within). Therefore, all I will say is, Lord, remove not your ancient landmarks from my heart. Let me be faithful to your Word and Truths.

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, you said it just right!! Love you!

iluv2prshim said...

Amen! Count me in. I love living for the Lord. You and Linda keep preaching. :) It will be worth it all.
Blessings!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I'm with you Sis. Gayla. "Give that old time religion..." I love the old ways. Living hard for God is easy.
God bless you!

Kevin Hopper said...

Gayla, Sorry I have been out of the loop. I have been very busy with "LIFE"! LOL!! I am back at work now and also doing quite a bit more in ministry. (I am still trying to figure out where I am find the time to do all I do. HA!) But I enjoyed this blog and I am glad that your son and his fiance are doing better as well. I will be praying for them!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Count me in. As I grow older, is encourages me to know of younger ones, who as yourself, have taken the high road--the godly way--the righteous path.

God continue to bless and keep you.

shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com