Wednesday, October 15, 2008

They're Engaged!

CONGRATULATIONS TO TIM AND JOYCE!

Two of my favorite people have become engaged!! We all met on the UPCI SAM (Single Adult Ministries) trips. Tim and I met on the very first trip to London in 2003 and became fast friends. We met Joyce on the trip to Hawaii in 2006.


They will have to wait until some time next year for the wedding to actually take place, because she is a Canadian citizen. It will take time to work out all of the details....



If you are single, the next SAM trip is March 2009 to Greece. It will be a GREAT trip, and who knows...you might meet someone. ;)



(Does this mean there is hope for me??......)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as there's breath - there's hope. =)

Pat

Jana McVay said...

Sis. Doherty,
You don't know me but I went to church with your boys years ago in Fresno. I am writing this to ask if you might be interested in a Case Manager position that is open in Fresno. I have a friend who is an RN who is a case manager here in Rialto, and she asked me if I knew anyone in the Fresno area who might be interested in the job. Chris McCorkle reminded me that you are an RN and did not have your email address. This is the only way I know how to contact you. Please email me @ mjm92376@gamil.com if you would like information about the job.

I was glad to hear about Aaron and Candice praying through and getting married. That is so exciting! Aaron was friends with my brother, Jason Chance, when we attended church together long ago.

Jana (Chance) McVay

Jana McVay said...

OOOPS...LOL
Tha email address is mjm92376@gmail.com not gamil.com LOL

Kathy McElhaney said...

Yeah for Tim and Joyce! And of course there's hope for you!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hope, the evidence of ... unseen :) There is hope for you and for me!!!
Could you give me some info on the upcoming trip? Maybe I could work it out.

Gayla said...

Catherine, email me and I will forward some info to you. SebringRN@hotmail.com

Debbie Saiz said...

So happy for Joyce & Tim! He was glowing at General Conference! Steve has a pic of him on our blog in the General Conference pics! I'm excited about Greece. . . .looks like a great group is going. . . .still room for more!!

Krista said...

Hey Gayla! I am so happy for Tim and Joyce! He had the biggest smile on his face at General Conference!! He was glowing the whole time!