Tuesday, March 16, 2010

25 Days

But who's counting?

April 10, I leave Fresno for Miami, Florida. On Sunday, April 11, I board ship headed for the Eastern Caribbean on the yearly SAM trip. I am getting excited. I have so much fun on these trips. I am the only one who has been on every one of them. (Which is proof that these trips are for fun and to enjoy with like-minded singles and not to find a mate! LOL Although, there have been several weddings as a result.) I have met so many wonderful people on these trips. I have made life long friends from all over the U.S. and Canada.

The cruise is 7 days and we will leave Miami headed for Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. From there we will go to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. We arrive back in Miami on Sunday, April 18. Tim and Joyce, (my friends who recently got married as a result of the Hawaii trip in 2006), will be meeting me there. We plan to go to the Everglades on Monday, and then possibly to the Florida Keys after that. We really aren't sure exactly what we will do, but we will be staying in Florida until Thursday, April 22.

I will be home for the month of May, and then on June 11, friends from Louisiana are coming to visit for a week. They want to pack as much as possible into that week, so we are going to stay busy. We will be going to Pismo Beach, Kings Canyon National Park, Yosemite National Park, where we will be staying in a cabin for two nights, and San Francisco. If I can find any time in there, I will take them to Monterey.

I really need this vacation. The hospital has been full to over flowing lately. I have been working extra days, not only to help out, but to pick up some extra fun money while I can.

What are your plans for vacation this year? Are you going anywhere, or just staying home and relaxing?

4 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

I am soooo jealous!! :o)
Sounds like so much fun!!
Take LOTS of pictures so we can see!

Be safe,
Sis. K.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Good for you Gayla. As of yet, we have no plans, as we seem to be going all the time. However there are no distance trips planned. Have fun girl, and snap those pics for our enjoyment.

Joyce Smith said...

I can't wait to meet you in Florida!! I'm so looking forward to this mini trip too. I really need to get away..* as if my life was stressful..lol*

We're going to have so much fun!

Krista said...

Yay! Can't wait for the SAM trip! I've been on all but 2 of them...and you are so right...it's definitely for fun and meeting people, not to meet a mate! LOL But thats okay...I always have fun meeting new people and making so many new great life-long friends! :) See you soon!