Monday, May 3, 2010

Cruise, Part Two

Before I continue, let me say this: I realize that my telling of the cruise is extremely lengthy. I apologize if it is boring to you, but it is rather like a diary for me, so just skip through if you get tired of reading, and look at the pictures. Some of my pictures are really beautiful and if you want, click on them to enlarge for better viewing.

Thursday we were docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We girls, (Heather, Sherry, Barb, Kathy, Diana and I), got off the ship and hired a tour from the pier. This tour took us around most of the island, including an old fort, Castillo San Cristobal. We stopped there for several minutes and I took many beautiful pictures from high up in the fort. We also stopped at several other places where we took some great shots of the water, etc. Our tour let us off in downtown where the other girls wanted to go shopping. I wandered around town with the others for a while, taking pictures of the beautiful architecture while they shopped. Since I don't even like to go shopping at home, I don't want to do it when I'm in a beautiful, foreign place with much sight seeing to do, so, I took off by myself roaming around a bit before heading back to the ship. I, then, made my way up to the eleventh deck to take some more beautiful pictures while looking back at San Juan. I also wanted to get some great shots as we were leaving...and I did.

That morning when we got off the ship in San Juan, the wind was blowing something fierce! I guess I had not looked out the window, or been outside, because I didn't know this when I got dressed. I had worn a very light, full skirt and a hat! I'm sure I was a comedy for others as they watched me trying to hold on to my hat, my skirt and take pictures all at the same time!

When I got up to the eleventh deck, the wind was even stronger! I finally gave up on the hat and tucked it into my skirt so I could use my camera. There were several from our group up on that top deck taking pictures also and we were all having a grand time with the wind! HA!

As you can see in most of my pictures, there were awesome thunder clouds in the sky all day, and it started to rain as we pulled away from San Juan.

This was the Fifth Day...and it was good!









Friday we docked in Grand Turk. The water here was incredible! I hadn't booked any excursions, so some of us brought along our own snorkel gear and headed for the water. We were walking down the beach away from the dock and people, and came upon an area that was filled with Conch shells. (I can't believe I didn't take a picture of them!) We picked through them and found some really pretty, unbroken ones. I started to bring one home, but they were really heavy, and my luggage was already to the weight limit so I gave it away. We swam and snorkeled for quite a while, then sat and dried off for a bit, then found some food. I didn't take very many pictures because I was in the water for most of the day, but here are some that I did take. That evening was our second Elegant Night, so I had to get back to the ship and do something with my wet, stringy hair! We had dinner, stood around and talked, went to the PG comedy and Karaoke and stood around and talked some more. It seemed as though we all could make the cruise last just a little longer, by not going to bed.

This was the sixth day, and it was good.










The last day of the cruise was a day at sea. I didn't do too much. Slept in, wandered about the ship and packed. I didn't take very many pictures that day. Really, about the only pictures I took were of the Carnival Legends show that night. I told you about this show in the last post. Two of "our people", Scott Garrett and Susan Justice tried out for, and won, parts for the show. This made it even more interesting and hilariously fun. I have included pictures of some of the other singers with the names of the "legends" they were portraying. I know this won't mean much to those of you that weren't there, but this is for those of us who were.

And this was the seventh day, and it was SAD....




Monday...white








Friday...TAN

















On Sunday, it was hectic with everyone going their own way,and getting rides to their own destinations. We said quick goodbyes again as we ran into each other. And then it was over for another year....Next year, Spain and Portugal!

6 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I love all the pictures! I went to Puerto Rico in 1983 on a missions trip - these make me wanna go back!

Joyce Smith said...

Looked through all the pic's from part 1 and 2 and WOW... I wanna do that cruise!!!

worldamazingfacts said...

wow nice one

dr dre headphones said...

Microsoft Office 2010 continuing attempts to Office 2010 help those using ailments in order to more easily employ Microsoft 'office' merchandise, and aid almost all users to create far more offered written content Office 2010 Key. Along with the many characteristics that you may be familiar with Office 2010 also includes brand new in addition to up-to-date availability functions Microsoft Office 2010 Key. Significant clear adjustments to your Office 2010 is found the "File" food list and the Microsoft Office press button "operation are available in Microsoft 'office' Behind the scenes look at.

Unknown said...

Tres heureux de la transaction rapide et facilesac a main Guess 2012 Nous y retournerons, A + Nike air max homme

Anonymous said...

http://www.markbattypublisher.com/jsp/buytramadol/#6028 tramadol 319 - tramadol hcl half life