Friday, September 12, 2008

To My Son, Ryan

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY!!!






















After already having twin sons, you were supposed to be my daughter. When you were born, you had enough hair to put ribbons and bows in, but, alas...another boy. But, when I first saw you, I wouldn't have traded you for all of the daughters in the world. I was happy to have another son. You have always been such a sensitive person, and with a gentleness about you.
You’re a gift to my heart in so many ways, and I hope you can see how very special you are and how many unique talents and strengths you have to share. You make my world so much brighter, and I hope you know how lucky I feel to have a wonderful son like you.

Happy Birthday with love,

From Mom

6 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday Ryan.

Gayla, it looks like September is a month of birthdays for your family too. It's a good month.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Happy birthday, Ryan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan!! I hope you had a great day and a great year to come.

Love you!

Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

Thank you all. I had a great Birthday. Mom took me to a great Cajun restaurant with live jazz. Was very nice.

- Ryan

Anonymous said...

we love you big guy, happy birthday uncle mike

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I don't know how I missed the Birthday...
Happy Very Belated Birthday.
Sons are wonderful