Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fabulous Fifty!


I remember when God dropped you off at our house. I looked at you and asked if you could smile. They told me "no, you couldn't do that yet. You were too little". I looked at you for a few minutes, and since you couldn't do anything fun, I left the room to go play.

Fifty years of fun, fights, laughter, tears, sharing bedrooms and toys, secrets and whispers in the night, giggles and phone calls, and everything else sisters enjoy!!


Do you remember...
Your kindergarten picture?...and the big crocodile tears?

The peach trees on Cambridge full of blossoms that you loved?

"Look at that doorknob and don't move your head!!!"?

The "slicked back" ponytail that was the only hair-do Dad could do for you?

Sharing ONE bathroom with six people? Four of them women with long hair??

Spying on your older sisters and their boyfriends?

Having the mumps? You looked like Petunia Pig...LOL

The big oak tree out back that we used to climb.

Mrs. Bedford? Mrs. Micalwrath? The Stogners? The Canales's? The Johnsons? The Oremus's?


I could make this blog go on forever, but will stop now, so the rest of the world doesn't get too bored.
I'm glad you could make it to Fresno today. To my sister with brown eyes, have a wonderfully, Happy Birthday!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Verlaine!! I can sure remember all those memories!! Ah - Cambridge Avenue! Ferrante and Teischer!! Making you
"beautiful" clothes!! I'm glad I got to spend your B-day with you today, even if you are still a brat and keep me up all night!!! I'm looking forward to our next cruise!! Love you lots!!

Pat
Pat

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday Verlaine. It was so good to see you, even if it was a picture. Love ya.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I hear sisters are lots of fun! Happy Birthday!

Linda Elms said...

Oh my! Verlaine, I remember you coming into our lives, too. You were a beautiful little girl, and now you're a beautiful lady! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

iluv2prshim said...

Verlaine,
We are way to young to be this old. :) I could throw in a few memories my self but I will spare the reader. LOL We did have loads of fun growing up together and I'm glad I can say you are one of my friends even if we never get to see each other. Love Ya girl and Happy Birthday.

Kevin Hopper said...

Wow! Time does fly. Happy Birthday!