Saturday, April 5, 2008

Home again, Jiggity Jig...

WOW!! Did we ever have a GREAT trip...but then, we always do. Don't you all wish you were single so you could join us? ...Well...almost?? LOL

I went from Fresno to Las Vegas to Newark, then Newark to London, London to Paris, Paris to Newark, Newark to Las Vegas to Fresno, and never had a delayed or cancelled flight, and made it all the way home with all of my luggage. Now, was that the work of God, or what?? It did take me 27 hours to get home though, between airplanes and airports, flights and layovers. I am just now getting over the "jet lag". Thank God, I don't have to go to work until Monday!!

I left Fresno on Monday, March 24 around 2pm and reached Newark, NJ at 12:30am. My luggage and I made it intact with no problems. The only problem I had, was getting to the hotel that I had booked. My cell phone had gone dead, and I didn't have the hotel's phone number with me. I am usually more prepared than that, but I guess with all of the excitement in my life before I left, I wasn't as prepared as usual. I was to meet Sis. Debbie Saiz, but as I said before, my cell phone was dead and I couldn't call her. I finally made it to the hotel around 2:30am. We slept in, and went to the airport around 3:00pm on Tuesday to meet with the others, and to catch our flight that was leaving at 7:00pm for Gatwick, London.

There were only 17 of us on the trip this time. Usually, there are close to, or over, 100 people on these trips. Hawaii was the other exception. We had 50 on that trip. It doesn't matter how many people go, the trips are always so much fun!! I am now the only person who has been on all of the trips. What a distinction, HUH? LOL

We stayed in London until Saturday, March 29th, then took the Eurostar over to Paris. There is NEVER enough time to see and do everything that I would like...but I guess that means I just have to go back!! LOL Actually, this was the second time for me to go to London, and I could go several more times before I see and do the same thing over again. There is just that much to see and do!! I only got to touch the tip of the surface in Paris, but loved every minute of it!

It was cold and rainy almost every day that we were there...London and Paris. I think the sun was out a time or two, but not for long. It "dampened" our trip, but did not "dampen" our spirits!! We just unfolded our umbrellas, and kept on going. I think I would rather it be a bit cold and rainy, than hot and humid, anyway.

There were 3 young men on this trip that I hung out with a lot. I guess that is because, since I have 3 sons, I feel most comfortable???...or maybe it's because the young ones don't like to be sitting, and waiting, and waiting and sitting, and neither do I. We want to be OUT seeing things while we can...I don't know, but for whatever reasons I "adopted" 3 more sons this trip. LOL Two of them were the age of my youngest son, Ryan, and the other one was the age of my twin sons, Aaron and Daron. They were very generous to let their "Mom" hang out with them. Actually, we all had a very good time.

Before I left I got a new camera. Although I had practiced with it a bit, I still was not very familiar with all the settings, etc., so I got some so-so pictures, but I still was able to get several really great pictures!! I have attached a slide show of a lot of my pictures, and even though it is long....(sorry) it is only a smidgen of the pictures I took. It was hard for me to choose just a few to post. If it gets too boring, you don't have to look at all of them.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

P.S. My parents are doing better. Thank you all for praying. Dad was never as sick as Mom, and he is mostly well. Mom is still sick (but better) and having a really hard time getting any energy back. We would appreciate you continuing to pray for her. Thanks...


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Loves like a great trip! Your pictures are wonderful. Hope to hear more of your adventures.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

iluv2prshim said...

I loved looking at the pictures. I especially like the pics of the Eiffel Tower. Awesome! Glad you had such a good time and that you are home safe and sound.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Glad you are safely home and had a wonderful time. Great pictures, and look forward to more reports on your trip.

Kevin Hopper said...

My wife and I would love to go on the trip ! LOL!! Even though we are married for 27 years this July!
Great pictures!!

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, thank you for showing us the pictures! They're great! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I would like to go someday. Glad your folks are doing better, too.

Debbie Saiz said...

What a great trip! We did have FUN!! Your pics turned out great! You picked up quick and will continue to do so with that camera. . .you'll be a pro before long! : )
Glad you have been on all of the SAM trips!!! Can't wait until next year!!

Gayla said...

Glad you all have enjoyed my pictures. It was great fun taking them!! LOL Thanks, Sis. Debbie, for the camera tips.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Enjoyed looking at your pictures. What fun!!!