Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a Beautiful World

I think God had fun when He created the Earth, don't you? He created so many different kinds of beauty, and I'm trying to see as much of it as I can...while I can!

One of the most beautiful places in the world happens to be only 1 1/2 hours from my home. It is Yosemite National Park. If you have never been, I recommend that you go the first opportunity that you have, especially if you live in California . You will NOT be disappointed.

The snow is melting in the mountains right now, and I've heard that the water falls in Yosemite are raging. So, I got up early this morning, and took off by myself to see. They are!! They were so beautiful. I hiked to the bottom of Bridalveil Falls. It was almost like standing in the shower. My camera lens got covered with water drops and I had to wipe it several times. You will see in the slide show below, that one of the pictures shows the water drops. The other picture at the bottom of the falls shows how much of a "shower" it was giving off.

I also hiked to Mirror Lake. I had never been up to Mirror Lake before, and I was not disappointed. It was beautiful!

The weather was perfect. The sun was shining, but it was still cool enough for a light jacket.

There is a $20 entrance fee into the park, but a yearly pass is $40. Since I have friends from out of state coming to visit this spring and summer, I bought the yearly pass. I know they will want to go to Yosemite, and I will surely get my money's worth.

I took about a kabillion incredible pictures, but I could not show them all. Here are a few of them. Enjoy.....


5 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Beautiful indeed! You really take great pictures. I'll have to get up there soon, haven't been in too long. Thanks for sharing.

iluv2prshim said...

Yosemite is one of my favorite places on earth. Love it! Beautiful pictures!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love Yosemite. When we lived in the valley, we stayed there often. Great pics. Got to go. Haven't been since last October. Must plan a trip soon.

Anonymous said...

Gayla! So beautiful. I can't wait to see it for myself, as pictures never do the real thing justice! I'm going to love this trip!

TERRY said...

Gayla, Hello, I would have to agree with you on that, Love Yosemite. We have riden there on our motorcycles a couple of times, wow, is that way cool. You can really taken in the sights on a bike. Love your Blog, Terry