Friday, June 27, 2008

I Have Twins, Again!



Every day, I have been checking on my Mama dove. She has been sitting on her eggs faithfully. She will fly away if I get too close, however. I took this picture with my zoom lens. Isn't she pretty?


Today, when she flew away, I decided to get a chair and take a look at the eggs. I expected to see some rather yucky looking eggs, that only a mother could love.


To my surprise, I found two baby birds, (that only a mother could love)! They must have hatched just recently, because I have not heard one peep out of them. You will see that their eyes are still closed.


I really did not expect these eggs to hatch, as I have been watering my flowers. I guess these little guys are some fighters.


My first set of twins are named Aaron and Daron. Shall I name these Sharon and Karen? Maybe Dovey and Lovey...or Hairy and Kerry?



I will keep you posted with the growth of these two little guys...or girls...or maybe one of each.

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Congratulations on another set of twins. Sweet little picture.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I love your picture! I'm so happy for the twins! I wondered about the watering, but these are survivors.

Carol Connell said...

Great picture of the baby birds. Congratulations!