Thursday, July 3, 2008

Growing Fast

My baby birds are growing fast. Well, one of them is, anyway. I went outside today, and when Mama flew away, I took pictures again. I was surprised to see that they actually look like birds, already!!





One of the babies, is a lot bigger than the other, and has nice feathers, whereas the other is still scraggly looking. I don't know if this has anything to do with me watering my flowers, or not. As you can see...I have not been watering them since I realized there were actual babies in the nest. Watering eggs is one thing, but drowning baby birds is another. I just can't do that!! So...my flowers are wilting and dying in this heat.



I wonder if they will both survive. Mama sits faithfully day in and day out. I have never seen Daddy....

I will keep you updated as to the health of my newest twins.

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

How cute they are. Perhaps you have a boy and girl, and that might account for the difference in looks. I hope so. Also, it looks like you will be hitting the nursery for more plants after they leave the nest. PS: Have a wonderful 4th.

Kevin Hopper said...

I have enjoyed following the story and seeing the pics of your little birds.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Oh, I love this! You know I've never seen "Papa doves" either when they come to feed, wonder why.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful. Thank you, thank you for the pictures and the story.

Shirley Buxton