Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Think I've Gone to the Birds!!


When I planted my flowers, I had no idea that basket would be a bird magnet, but it appears so.


I went out on my patio on Sunday to feed my dogs, and lo and behold, another bird flew out of the flower basket where the previous bird family grew.


I stood on a chair and quickly got a look inside before I went crashing to the ground!! (I'm glad no one was around to see that! Since I'm not "light as a feather", I now have a huge purple bruise on my right thigh, but otherwise, no damage..)


Anyway, there are two eggs in my basket, again. These eggs are white. The other eggs were brown. Both Mamas appear to be doves, though. I am somewhat of a "bird-brain", and don't know anything about birds, but I would think that the same species would have the same color eggs. Maybe someone out there can clue me in.... :)


One thing I know for sure....when this family is grown and gone, I will IMMEDIATELY take control over my flower basket, again!!

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Unbelievable. I believe the birds have your number. You have to love it though, and it gives us all a chance to chuckle. PS: Back off Murphy!

K2daK said...

I was looking for bird nest type chairs and came across your blog.I know that sounds strange, I have a friend who is entering the teaching field again and her theme is birds/nests. Anyway, I can relate to the bird situation, we have hung baskets on our front porch and two weeks later we had birds. Our plants have been dead for well over a year now, but once a bird family moves out I remove the nest and then BAM another family of birds moves in. I just leave the dead plants hanging...no one has ever asked why. :)