Wednesday, November 14, 2007

God is Listening!!

Lately, I've been very heavily burdened due to some very dire situations going on in two of my sons lives.

I was here at home, praying and crying out to God. When I stopped praying, I decided to fix myself some dinner. I put the plate of food on the table, and sat down to eat. I pulled my Bible close and started turning to Hosea with the intent to read the story of Hosea and Gomer again. I had no particular reason why I wanted to read that story again, but I did. As I was flipping through the pages to get to Hosea, I stopped in Isaiah and looked down at the scripture. This is what I read. Chapter 65

23 "They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer, and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

!!!!!! I almost choked on my food!! Isn't God good??? His word is true and everlasting!!

P.S. I never did get back to Hosea........

4 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, that is AWESOME! I love it when God meets our need through His Word! Love you!

Steven Saiz said...

Awesome post! God knows how to communicate to us!

Anonymous said...

That is great! I had an experience like that last night too. Only it was someone else giving me a scripture that they felt the Lord gave them just for me. They were right on. God knows where we are and knows us by name. He is great!
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Gayla said...

Thanks, you guys!! I love you all!! I would REALLY appreciate your prayers for my sons. The twins are going through some very, very, tough times right now...Thank you...Gayla