Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How to Observe Thanksgiving

HOW TO OBSERVE THANKSGIVING
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.
~~Author Unknown.~~
This little poem reminds us to count our blessings!! This Thanksgiving, that is what I want to do. I do thank God for His goodness and mercy to me and my family. He is the essence of everything I am thankful for. Without Him, I would be nothing, and my life would be hopeless.
They do not close hospitals for the holidays...(imagine that!!) LOL (They could send the patients home and tell them to come back after the holidays, right??? HA! HA!) So, while you all are having a great time stuffing yourselves full of turkey and pumpkin pie with your families, please feel sorry for me, because I will be working!! LOL LOL That is why I am posting this a day early.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Have a very blessed and thankful day.......

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen J. Hopper said...

Great poem. Sorry that your schedule has you working; however, you will be a blessing to the patients - and they really need someone with a tender touch.

Gayla, may blessings and goodness be yours through this Thanksgiving season and throughout the year. With Love.

Gayla said...

Thank you Sis. Hopper, for the kind words. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. Tell Bro. Hopper I said "hello"!! Love you both, Gayla

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't work to hard on Thanksgiving. Blessings to you and your family.