Thursday, November 29, 2007

Scriptures for Me

Psalm 31:9 "Have mercy upon me O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea my soul and my belly."

Psalm 31:10 "For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth..."

Psalm 31: 12 "I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel."

Psalm 31:13 "For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life."

Psalm 31:14 "But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God."

Psalm 31:15 "My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me."

Psalm 31: 16 - 18 " Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. Let me not be ashamed, O Lord: for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave. Let the lying lips be put to silence: which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous. "

Psalm 31: 19 " Oh how great is thy goodness!!!!"


And then Jesus said:

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

5 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, you sound troubled. I hope all is well! Love you, bunches!

Linda Elms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen J. Hopper said...

Please look beyond the realities now placed in your life and rejoice in the fact that you are a child of the King. He truly cares for you and for your family. He is doing a work (behind the scenes). Love you.

Gayla said...

Thank you both for your encouragement. Linda, yes, I am troubled....greatly!! I can't explain here, but it is awful, and I appreciate any prayers on behalf of me and my family. Thanks so much.

Steven Saiz said...

We are praying for you!

Steve & Debbie Saiz