Sunday, November 4, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATELYNN!!!





















Happy Birthday to my beautiful granddaughter!! Katelynn is 13 today! I canNOT believe I have a grand child that is now a teenager. Oh my, oh my........


After having 3 sons, I was ecstatic to have a granddaughter as my first grandchild. She is very precious to me. I wrote this poem for her a little while after she was born:

To Katelynn

A mother was kneeling one night in prayer
And looked toward the gates of pearl,
"I thank thee, Lord, for my precious boys,
But won't you send me a girl?"

"I love my boys with all my heart,
And I thank You for them each day,
But it would be so nice, dear Lord,
If you would send a girl my way."

The Heavenly Father looked down on the mother,
From beyond the gates of pearl.
He said, "Be patient woman, wait a while,
And I will send you a girl."

"It will be a little wait, because
I have a special one in mind.
She'll bring you things like laughter and love,
And lots of joy sublime."

So the years went swiftly by, and,
Her little boys grew and grew.
She waited still, for God to send
The little girl He promised to.

Finally, the perfect day arrived,
Just like God said it would.
A beautiful, darling, baby girl,
And life was sweet and good.

The mother now, a grandmother, was,
And it was a wonderful thing,
To see the sunshine in her eyes,
That this little girl could bring!

Grandma loves you, Katelynn, dear,
Just how much you'll never know.
You are wonderful, you little doll!!
Oh, how I love you so!!!

I love you so much, Katelynn!!! Happy Birthday to my Big Girl, now!! Grandma Gayla

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katelynn. I hope your day is blessed beyond words.

www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, Gayla. I hope that the same will happen to me when my son is ready to have a child. He did say he hoped for a daughter.