Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blessed...But Are We Thankful?

Sisters...Tori and Alayna

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits..." Psalms 68:19

Loadeth! Daily!

How long would it take us to count our blessings? Really count them...ALL, one by one. Quite possibly the list could take us weeks, with no break. I know a thing or two about blessings, and how they are, even in the worst of times, inexhaustible!!

Suppose that God began taking from us the many things for which we have failed to give him thanks. Which of our limbs and faculties would be left? Would we still have our hands, and our minds? What about loved ones? If God were to take from us all those persons and things for which we have not given thanks, who or what would be left of us?

Have we taken the time lately, to really thank God for His many blessings?

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you." I Thessalonians 5:18

Just a thought to ponder...

7 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Gayla, thanks for the reminder to be THANKFUL! Oh my! Where could I start and then, WHEN could I stop? I've had so many blessings! I'm so thankful for them all! LOVE YOU!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Awesome post, Gayla! I have SO much to be thankful for... "it would take the whole eternity to thank Him for the love that He has shown."

Caroline (Jane) said...

You are so right. There would never be enough time to count all my blessings! Thanks for the reminder.

Karen J. Hopper said...

We don't mean to, but we take so many of His blessing for granted. Thanks for the reminder. PS: Sweet picture of Jana's girls.

iluv2prshim said...

Thanks for the reminder. God has been so good to me! Love you, BUNCHES!!!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Right, don't let me forget. God is so good!

Love the little girls picture!

Gayla said...

Thank you all. I know we are all thankful for His many blessings, we just need to remember to let Him know. The little girls are my niece, Jana's, daughters. They are little dolls!!