Monday, October 8, 2007

Learning to be a Blogger

Well, I decided to join the new millenium and try my hand at blogging. I really don't have a clue what I am doing, so if anyone actually reads this, don't laugh at me too much!! LOL



I've said that my life is so simple, who would want to read about it, so I've never attempted to start a blog. I decided it could be fun, and if anyone reads my blog, they don't have to continue if they become bored!! LOL



This past week was so much fun for me. The BIG FRESNO FAIR is in town. I don't know why, exactly, but I LOVE the fair. I never go to the carnival area, so it isn't that. I think I just like the atmosphere of fall in the air, the animals, the bar-b-que, the corn on the cob, the cotton candy, the people watching, the horse racing (I don't bet on them, and wouldn't even know how, but I like to watch them run, they are so beautiful), the exhibits,...I guess you could say I like just about everything about the fair.



I am still off work due to knee surgery (I return to work next week, but that will be another blog), so I was able to go to the fair twice last week. I went on Thursday and saw all of the exhibits, etc. that I wanted to see. On Friday, I took my 3 year old grandson, Caleb. It is so much fun to watch a child enjoy him/herself. He had so much fun looking at the baby animals, riding the pony, seeing the snakes, turtles, and lizards, climbing in the pirate ship and sliding down. He rode some of the "kiddie" rides and had a blast. He wanted to go on the giant slide where you slide down with a gunny sack, so I bought him a ticket. I thought..."there is no way this kid is going to climb all the way up there and slide down by himself". Boy, did he show me!! He handed his ticket to the man, took his gunny sack and started climbing that long row of steps and never looked back. It was too cute!! He got to the top, put down his gunny sack, sat on it and away he went. He was all smiles when he got to the bottom and said "That was FUN!!" We were at the fair about 4 hours and he was exhausted when we left. As we were leaving the fair, with his eyes barely open, he said..."That was fun, Grandma Gayla!!" AHHHH



Then, we had "Ladies Day" at church this past Saturday. Bro. and Sis. Chad Craig were there to minister to us. Sis. Rhonda Craig talked first about the 3 most important people in her life and the life lessons they taught her. Then Bro. Craig preached to us about breaking open the alabaster box. It was a wonderful, wonderful service. I had to run the tape ministry and tape the whole thing. Mind you, I had never done that before!!! Last Wednesday, they asked if I would do the taping, so I was able to sit in the sound room at church Wednesday night and learn how.....yeah, that's right....one time to learn, and then I had to do it. I was SO nervous that I was sick to my stomach before the service. I was so afraid that something would go wrong with the tapes and I wouldn't know what to do, and then the whole service would be lost. At first, I thought..."well, if I mess up the tape, at least we'll have the CD"...right?...wrong....We had a lady doing the sound and running the CD, too. Her husband usually does both, so he had set the CD up ready, and all she had to do was push start, but other than that, she didn't know what to do. So, I knew I couldn't rely on THAT!! LOL As it turns out, I DID IT, and I was soooo relieved. I learned yesterday, that the CD didn't turn out too good, so I'm glad I got it taped. WHEW!!



Well, I don't know how dedicated of a blogger I will be, especially after I return to work. I doubt I will be able to blog every day, and anyway I don't think I will have that much to talk about. I don't think anyone will want to read such as this...."Got up this morning and went to work, came home so tired I went straight to bed....guess I'll start the same thing over tomorrow!!" LOL (Actually my life isn't quite THAT boring....!!! LOL LOL)



I hope everyone has a good evening. May God keep His hand on you and bless you abundantly!! Until next time....

P.S. I went to Rock You, and tried to make a slide show of pictures from the fair, but didn't know what I was doing, so obviously, it didn't turn out. Maybe I'll post it later, after I can figure it out...

No comments: