Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MEN!!! Who needs'em, anyway???

MEN!!! I hate them!!! Well, I don't really hate them all, just one "mystery man" in particular!! And, well....I don't really hate him, either...I don't hate anyone, since that's a sin. LOL I'm just kind of miffed at him, ok? Why does a man tell you he'll call you at a certain time, and then he doesn't? I have never figured that out. Does anyone else know why? "Mystery Man" always calls when he says he will, so what happened last night???? I guess I might give him a break until I find out why he didn't. One thing I NEVER do is, sit by the phone and wait for a phone call. I have a lot more things to do in life than that, but last night I was home anyway, and he said he'd call...so...!! ARRGGHHH

One thing I am sure of...I'm too old for this kind of thing. This is what used to happen in Junior High and High School!!! But, now???? No game playing for me, nosiree!! Not at this age, life is too short!!

You know what I've found out over the last 17 years of single-life? I don't NEED a man!!!.....but I sure do WANT one....!! I raised my 3 sons by myself during the hardest time of raising kids...while they were teenagers!! They didn't turn out so bad, they're awesome men, now. I put myself through nursing school while they were all at home, and have taken care of everything myself, from the yard, to the car, to the house, and the bills. Of course, I didn't always do everything myself, but I was the one to get it taken care of. So...I'm quite capable of handling life without a man. Then why do I want one??? For the companionship, the camaraderie, knowing that someone loves you just for being you, (besides my mother! LOL), someone special to share your day with, the hugs, and yes, the kisses...

So, where are all of the GOOD, single, men? I sure haven't found the spot!! Does anyone have any suggestions???

I know that in God's perfect time, the perfect man... for me... will appear. In the mean time, I do enjoy life. I don't just sit at home crying, waiting for him to knock on my door. I laugh a lot, travel often, and generally enjoy life while waiting for him to come along.

Ok, I guess this is quite a silly post, but that's how I'm feeling today............ :)

Be blessed and live in HIS presence!! Gayla

4 comments:

Steven Saiz said...

hmmmm....I think I'll let Debbie respond to this one. Glad you are blogging. We are trying it. I will list you on our blog list. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Gayla, so glad to know that some of the same feelings that I get when certain calls don't happen when they should, seem like it's just a "woman" thing! LOL. Because I too, feel very high schoolish at times, although I really try hard not to. And then I feel like such a fool when it's explained to me why the call never happened. Oh, I'm really starting to dislike the 2,500 mile distance!

Gayla said...

Anonymous...do I know you? Yeah, this distance thing is for the birds!!

Anonymous said...

yep, you know me..LOL, I'm sitting up here freezing in my country! Well, not really, but lots of people think that! LOL.