Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poor, Pitiful, Me!! LOL

Lucky me!! I got to have another cortisone shot in my right knee today!! (Can you hear the facetious tone of voice?)

I have been off work more this year, than I have worked. In April, I had to have a large incisional hernia repaired. I was off work for 8 weeks. Just the week before I was to return to work, I injured my right knee...playing jump rope!! Yeah, I know...what is an old lady like me doing playing jump rope, anyway, right? Well, we won't go there...

So, I went to the doctor for my knee pain, (I could hardly walk), and to make a long story short, I had to have surgery on my right knee in July. The doctor told me I would be back to work within 6 weeks, maybe sooner if I was doing ok. (I still haven't figured out why doctors are so optimistic, when they KNOW better. This was not the first time a doctor has told me I would return to work after surgery, WAY before that actually happened.)

Back to my story... I have been going to Physical Therapy twice a week now, for 6 weeks. My knee has improved, but it is still not completely well. Regardless, I can't stay off of work forever, so the doctor has released me to return to work on Monday, Oct 15th. Well, today I got up and could hardly walk, my knee hurt so bad. It feels like just BEFORE surgery. I went to P.T. as planned, but after that I stopped into the doctor's office to let the doctor know what was going on. I saw her Physician Assistant, and he suggested another couple of weeks off work. Now, as tempting as that sounds to me, I told him "No, I have to go back to work", or they may give my position away. Thus, the corisone shot in my knee. This is the second one I have gotten. They really don't hurt too much at the time, but they make my knee really sore for a couple of days, before some relief sets in. Hopefully my knee will be doing just fine by Tuesday. That will be the first day I actually return to work.

I have been off work for so long, that I feel like I will need to be trained again. LOL In reality though, I know I will be back to work only a few hours before I feel like I was never gone. That is just the way it is, for a nurse.

If anyone reads this, and feels sorry for me, I would love to receive flowers!!! LOL LOL (Just kidding). Enough whining......all in all, God has been so good to me, I can't complain about the small stuff for long.

Take care and have a blessed day.

No comments: